Name:
Location: Kalona, Iowa, United States

Husband and Wife wedding and lifestyle photographers based in Iowa.

    follow me on Twitter

    26 April 2010

    A Case Of The Monday's :: Part 9

    1.  Last week was an awesome week.  Probably one of the best I can remember. I feel so alive, physically, spiritually... God has just been renewing my vision for what my life is supposed to look like, and it completely reaffirms why I've chosen to follow Him.  Stuff like that is hard to put into words sometimes...

    2.  I know I said it last week, but we're amped for the first wedding of the season that kicks off in Florida this weekend!

    3.  I love my parents. I talk to my dad at least once a week on the phone, and it's often pretty difficult to live 1000 miles away.  Mom + Dad... you have given me every blessing I could ever ask for in life.  Thanks for not buying me my first car. Thanks for making me get a job when I was 10, and making me buy my own clothes after that.  Thanks for teaching me how to manage a checkbook, and for not giving me a credit card. Thanks for teaching me the value of your faith, that it was much more than empty words and rituals, but a lifestyle of learning, growing and serving.  It wasn't always gravy back then, but today I couldn't begin to thank you enough.  I would formally like to repay you by letting my kids come and live with you for the summer! :)

    4.  We're excited! See #7

    5.  New music I've been digging:  Planetshakers, Manic Drive, Jason Gray, Michael Bublé.  I know they don't all fit together, stylistically, but I'm all over the place with music. Ask me my favorite, and it depends on the day.

    6.  For you video editors out there, I'm trying out Adobe Premiere Pro, instead of Final Cut.  Anyone have a compelling argument for me to use one or the other?  They seem fairly equal as far as performance, although I'm leaning towards Adobe for this one.

    7. Change is coming! Here it is....


    8. Thanks to our good buddies Dan + Alex at McClanahan Studio in Ames for the sweet photo.

    9.  We've been blessed with 3 wonderful kids, and we're excited to meet the fourth one this fall!  Jackson says he would like us to keep going to at least 8 children! This will be a great opportunity to teach him how to handle disappointment. :)

    Labels: ,

    10 Comments:

    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    God has BLESSED YOU ONCE AGAIN! If there is a family that should have 8 children is should be the two of you! I am so happy for your family! Love reading your notes on the blog. God has given you many gifts and writing is one of them.

    Thank you for sharing your news and make sure you give Jodi my love.

    Linda

    7:57 AM  
    Blogger . sarah . said...

    Congrats on your new arrival this fall! :) You two seem like great parents from all I read/see online!

    3:48 PM  
    Blogger ryhawk said...

    Wow I am so surprised right now. Also why stop at 8 children I think you guys need a full dozen. Congrats

    4:05 AM  
    Anonymous Stephanie O said...

    Congrats on the addition to your family! And on other note - Addi and I love Michael Buble! If you ever get the chance to see him in concert - do it! You won't regret it. Have a wonderful summer

    10:36 AM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Congratulations! A great, funny post.

    Doris High

    8:11 PM  
    Blogger Unknown said...

    I'm terribly excited for you both! And I agree with Jackson, I think you should shoot for eight.:)

    9:54 PM  
    Anonymous Danella said...

    wow! That's awesome! Congratulations!

    2:40 PM  
    Blogger Christopher and Marcille said...

    Congrats! We are so excited for you two ( and the kids of course)! And the photo is adorable!

    7:45 AM  
    Anonymous Luigi | Rack Card Printing said...

    I love the third one. I'm sure that your parents are so proud of you. It's just amazing how they want to give you all the best things in life, right? And their unconditional love.

    11:28 PM  
    Anonymous Char said...

    Yaaaaay! Congratulations!

    7:08 PM  

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home