Name:
Location: Kalona, Iowa, United States

Husband and Wife wedding and lifestyle photographers based in Iowa.

    follow me on Twitter

    29 November 2010

    A Case of the Mondays :: Part 10

    Well, hello friends.  It's been a while since I did an "A Case of the Mondays" list, and I realize that it's Tuesday, but I started it on Monday, so here goes!


    1.  The Dallas Cowboys.  No "....Mondays" list of mine is complete without mentioning my favorite football team, who at this point of the season has thrown it all away for reasons no one could quite put a finger on.  They've got a new head coach, and suddenly became disciplined and talented. Hmm.   At any rate, they are 3-8 and their playoff hopes are down the drain, so I guess we'll wait till next year to see if they are for real or not. 



    2. Books I'm Reading: I am officially now a fan of audio books.  I find that it's fun to listen to a chapter or so before I go to sleep, and it's quite inspiring, really.  Right now I'm listening to "Good to Great" (Jim Collins) which I've been told is a must read for any business owner.  Before that it was "Rework" (Jason Fried) which is about re-thinking the way we work, and why we do the things we do.  I would recommend ReWork if you're looking for an easy read, and I'm not that far into Good to Great yet, but it sounds like a winner as well.




    3. Friendship.  The last couple of weeks, since our little Scarlett was born, we have really realized the value of our friends.  You know, you appreciate them, but when they pull through for you in trying times, and walk with you through the big moments of life, you realize just how valuable they are.  So, to all of you who have helped out the past 2 weeks, we can't thank you enough for the prayers, the hugs, the meals and the support... you're the best!


    Also thank you to our wonderful clients, who have been very patient and gracious with us as we've been a bit preoccupied with the new baby, and more accurately, with getting our rest.  We're starting to get back to full strength, so if you're waiting to hear from us, we should be in touch this week.




    4. The Apprentice
    We became big fans of The Apprentice last year during Celebrity Apprentice, and were anxious fo r the new season to begin!  This year, we're pulling for Clint who seems to be the strongest player, although he's a bit of a cowboy. :)   But, honestly, since David and Mahsa are gone, we cared much less who won! We didn't jive with those two. We've been keeping up with the show on Hulu.com where we watch all of our tv, and we're catching up on Episode 11 while I'm working on this! 


    5. Baby Update.  I'm sure those of you who followed the blog the past few weeks are wondering how the new little Gehman is doing, and I'm pleased to report that she is just as wonderful as we could have imagined! Jodi has recovered well, and is doing a great job of getting a lot of rest.  I know we haven't mentioned this before, but Scarlett was born at home... intentionally! ;)  Jodi had always wanted to do a home birth, and with our first three children, I was the one dragging my feet.  Well this time, I gave in, and it was the best decision we've made!  There's a lot more to the story, and I'm sure Jodi would love to sit down with many of you, and tell you how it was, but we have nothing but good to say about our experience!  It made the whole birth experience much more comfortable, and I'm sorry I didn't agree to it sooner!


     
    6. Christmas Orders. Due to having out of town relatives, Jodi and I travel quite a bit every Christmas season, and this year is no exception.  Therefore, any and all print orders that you want to receive for Christmas MUST be placed by this Friday, December 3.  You may continue to place orders at any point after that, but you will not receive your order until mid-January.  If you need reminded of your password, or need your gallery put back online, please don't hesitate to contact us at 319 683 3357, or email at info(at)gehmanphotography.com




    7. Website/Blog Sometime after the new year, you will be noticing some major changes around Gehman Photography.  In an effort to encompass all that we are becoming, we're going to shed some old layers, and put on some new ones. Mmmmm.... new web clothes!

    8. Snowflakes.  I just looked outside, and saw the first snow flurries of the year (at least for me), and I love it! I realize that some of you would appreciate a life without snow or cold, and that you'd be thrilled if you never saw the white stuff again.  But in my opinion, if it's going to be cold, it might as well snow, right? I love waking up, looking outside, and seeing a few inches of fresh powder snow on the ground.  I'm sure it's not going to do much today but it's fun to see snowflakes again.





    Well, that should do it for now! There's more on the way!

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home