Name:
Location: Kalona, Iowa, United States

Husband and Wife wedding and lifestyle photographers based in Iowa.

    follow me on Twitter

    06 May 2010

    New Orleans

    Today, I saw it. The image that moved me.

    No one spends much time with average. We don't stop and gawk at average architecture.  We don't last very long at an average accident like a fender bender.  We don't get a thrill out of staying at average hotels.  And we don't pause and stare at average art.  But today I met an image that stopped me in my tracks. It wasn't quite perfect, technically speaking, but the "stare-ability" level was off the charts.  I could link to it, or put it on here, but it wouldn't do it justice. You have to stand next to it.  Next time you're in New Orleans, visit the gallery of Louis Sahuc just East of Jackson Square, and you'll see it.

    Anyway, here's some of our images of New Orleans, as we walked the French Quarter, visited Bourbon Street, Jackson Square, Cafe du Monde, and the Garden District.









    We got a guy walking by to snap this photo of us. I love how everything is in focus... except us. Oh well, he was really nice. :)


    Beignet's at the Cafe du Monde.





































    •••••

    There is another Caption Contest coming up on Friday! I captured an interesting image while we were in New Orleans, and it needs your creativity to come up with a caption. :)  So, be sure to stop by again on Friday to see the image and suggest a title! 
    Cheers

    2 Comments:

    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    jodi and rodney, that picture of the ramada inn in new orleans...that hotel is the most haunted hotel in new orleans, i've actually seen something there, it use to be an old monestary. haley

    9:13 AM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Oh Mylanta! I can't tell you how much I LOVE your photography! I've been following you for quite a few months and I've never been disappointed, always wowed. These photos are incredible, makes me want to go to New Orleans myself. Keep up the good work, keep glorifying God,
    ~Autumn

    5:08 PM  

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home