Name:
Location: Kalona, Iowa, United States

Husband and Wife wedding and lifestyle photographers based in Iowa.

    follow me on Twitter

    30 November 2007

    The Mobile Office

    This weekend finds Jodi and I in Fredericksburg, Virginia for a business meeting.  We have long been using a financial software program called SuccessWare which has been amazing in terms of keeping track of all things business.  So we're in VA this weekend to learn more about the program, and how to manage business, and all that good stuff.  We definitely would recommend SuccessWare to any of you photographers who need a good accounting program that is designed specifically for our line of work.  Back a few weeks ago when you all asked us what part's of photography do we like the most and least, we would have to add accounting as what we like the least. :)  But, part of growing pains is that we have to improve on all areas of our work, and this is step one.  

    I love the art in a sunset.  The colors and design are amazing every time.

    My office for the next few days. 


    I was working today while Jodi was in class, and the fire alarm in the hotel went off.  Let me just say that you would never sleep through that racket, which is good, I guess.  So I grabbed the laptop, iPod, camera and hard drives as fast as I could disconnect them and ran out the door only to find the hotel staff standing around and telling us all it was a false alarm.  As I was thanking God, the door slammed shut behind me and I realized that I was holding all my gear....minus the room key.  But the nice room service lady opened it for me, while laughing under her breath.  Hey, if there's a real fire, who cares about the key?  

    Labels: ,

    2 Comments:

    Blogger Nicole 妮可 said...

    ahhhh!!!! rodney... what i wouldn't give to have been a little mouse in your room at that moment. i'm sure you were a hilarious sight to behold.
    glad you were okay tho!

    ps. really love the traffic pic. was that compliments to you or jodi??? oh yeah, why aren't you posting pics of you guys???

    1:56 PM  
    Blogger lisab said...

    Hey to you both. I just was browsing through your site and saw you were in fredricksburg. They have some great shoppng there and its about only an hour or so from here. Maybe a couple minutes more. Andrew and Mitch live another half hour away. If you ever come out again look us up if you need a place to stay. :} Lisa

    1:02 PM  

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home