Name:
Location: Kalona, Iowa, United States

Husband and Wife wedding and lifestyle photographers based in Iowa.

    follow me on Twitter

    18 September 2008

    Sara + Eric :: Forever

    We met Sara + Eric back in June for their engagement session, and it was cool to see them again!  It was our third wedding in Marion, this year, and two in a row, actually.  But, we didn't have a whole lot of time before the wedding to go anywhere, so these images were all taken between the ceremony and reception at some old metal building downtown, and then at soggy Noelridge Park.  























    This cute little ring bearer was a relative of Eric's.  He lives far away from Eric, so he didn't really know him very well, and was a little afraid, I suppose.  Well, as you can imagine, that led to some difficulty during the formal pictures, of Eric and the little guy.  So, during the bride and groom portion of the day, I noticed the ring bearer admiring, and immediately stomping on, some pretty flowers. :)  So Eric and I decided to trick him into a photograph.  I walked up to the little boy with my camera behind my back, and just started talking to him about the flowers.  He was quite distracted as I asked him to point to his favorite ones, and Eric meanwhile, was sneaking around behind him.  Then I asked if I could take a picture of him (still very unaware of Eric's immediate presence behind him) pointing to his favorite flower and this was the result...



    After this picture, I asked him if he would look at me for the next picture, and instead, he whipped around behind him to see Eric standing there!  The poor little dude bolted from the scene, crying, into the loving arms of his laughing mommy, realizing he had been tricked.  We kind of felt bad, but... hey. We got one picture. :) 





    Labels: , ,

    1 Comments:

    Blogger Nicole 妮可 said...

    Rodney, that is cruel and unusual punishment... why can I totally seeing you laughing hilariously over his plight??

    Oh well, good times, good times.

    And rockin' good photos ta boot!

    (Almost makes me wanna hold off getting hitched myself... you guys get better all the time!) :) JK

    3:34 PM  

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home