Name:
Location: Kalona, Iowa, United States

Husband and Wife wedding and lifestyle photographers based in Iowa.

    follow me on Twitter

    23 December 2008

    Contest Spotlight #2

    This entry comes from one of our past seniors in PA, who also happens to be my cousin!  See you soon, Raquel!

    •••

    "Hi guys!  I had been wanting to make cookies for my neighbors so this gave me the extra motivation :)  I made plates of chocolate chip cookies and puppy chow and gave them to 2 of my neighbors, and the guys that work at the corner grocery store at the end of our street. :)  Merry Christmas!" -Raquel


    •••

    Two days to go!!  Thanks to those of you who have entered the contest so far!  I'll put some of the Christmas Tree pictures on tomorrow, so you can see that contest.   Keep those entries coming, the contest ends Christmas Day at midnight.

    •••

    Last night, we had our first family Christmas party of the year, and I had the wonderful opportunity to console our four yr old, who was quite disappointed with the gift he picked from the grab bag. :)  It's more difficult than I thought to explain to a child how to be grateful that he actually GOT a gift at all, because some children around the world don't get presents.  You want to see your kids light up and smile when they open presents, and when they burst into tears instead, it's a weird feeling.  At that point, I was just glad it wasn't a gift I bought for him. I gently explained that grab bags are a terrible thing if you are looking for a gift that you had been asking for all year, and that he would receiving more gifts in the coming days, and that there are kids around the world who don't get any presents at all, and he should be content with the little car. :) But, lucky for him, his little cousin traded him presents and they were both happy as larks after that. 

     

    Labels:

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home