Name:
Location: Kalona, Iowa, United States

Husband and Wife wedding and lifestyle photographers based in Iowa.

    follow me on Twitter

    06 January 2009

    Contest Spotlight #3



    Alrighty people... it's time to get this contest wrapped up. Sorry I haven't gotten to it, but we're on vacation! Not really vacation, I guess. We brought our computers along so that I could fling out wedding albums like nobody's business, and you should see me go!! Wow. I'm a bit behind on those, so this is a great time to catch up and get some albums in production.

    Back to the contest....

    CONTEST SPOTLIGHT #3

    The first of our two Christmas contests was to do something nice for someone else... you could bake cookies, or buy a present for someone you don't know very well, and tell us about it.  We would then draw a random winner from the entries and the prize is a Coffee Maker!  The following is one of those entries....

    "I am a huge fan of blogging... I especially love reading blogs that showcase people who are out serving on the mission field.  When I found the blog of a girl who had just returned to Zambia to live and serve there, I was hooked. I watched her videos, read her story and connected with her heart through the words on the screen.

    A couple weeks later, I saw she had posted her address for people to send her things from home. Even though I don't know this girl, I know what it is like to be far away from home.  So, I took a little trip to the grocery store and bought some things that aren't on every street corner in Africa... candy canes, koolaid, and gum... and scribbled some encouraging words on a Christmas card, and sent it to Zambia!  That's how I chose to spread some of the real heart behind Christmas!"  -Nicole





    CONTEST #2 PICTURES...

    The second part of our contest was for people to send us pictures of their Christmas trees.  There needed to be a coffee mug in the picture, and again we would draw a random entry from the pile, to receive a $15 Starbucks card.  

    Here are some of the entries from that contest:



    (this one comes to us from China!)


    •••

    A big "Thank You" to all of you who played along, and entered the contests this year.  Winner's will be announced before the weekend!  *promise*:)

    1 Comments:

    Blogger Nicole 妮可 said...

    cheers for the chinese-charlie-brown-tree... I will enter this competition from China next year.

    1:14 PM  

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home