Name:
Location: Kalona, Iowa, United States

Husband and Wife wedding and lifestyle photographers based in Iowa.

    follow me on Twitter

    09 July 2007

    Derek and Tiffany

    I'm not sure if it's possible to have a nicer day than Derek and Tiffany did. It was so cool to see how smitten Derek was by his bride! Couples in love are so much fun to photograph. :) And, let me tell you... they also served a mean pork roll at the reception! Amazing!! Congratulations, Derek and Tiffany....





    I'm back! I doubt any of you missed me that much, but nevertheless... here we are. I spent the week with my church youth group in Denver Colorado working with the homeless through a missions agency called DOOR. You can visit the website here. It was an amazing, eye-opening time of outreach and reflection, where we spent time feeding, talking to or helping the homeless. You don't realize how much you have until you come in contact with someone who carries all their belongings in a dufflebag. Then you find out that you are among the richest people in the world. I'll tell you about one man I met named Curt. He has been homeless for 29 years. He has a job, he has a sound mind, and he doesn't use drugs, so he breaks every stereotype I've ever had. His faith and his smile lit up my world for the 2 hours that I had talking to him. He said his biggest struggle is finding a safe place to sleep at night. I am forever changed... Thank you Curt.

    Some pictures the kids took:






    Introducing my new favorite band. They are comedians/musicians from New Zealand.
    The Flight of the Conchords

    I'm Not Cryin'

    Labels:

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home