Name:
Location: Kalona, Iowa, United States

Husband and Wife wedding and lifestyle photographers based in Iowa.

    follow me on Twitter

    15 April 2008

    Alana

    Oh boy. I'm slipping on my blogging duties recently.  The other day, we were at the park with the kids and I followed Alana around with the camera for a few minutes.  Let me just pause here and insert the fact that playgrounds have evolved quite a bit since I was a kid, and I'm not that old.  For instance, where are the metal slides upon which you can actually get up some speed? I realize that they got skin-melting, fire hot in the summertime, but that's why they had to be fast. With these fiberglass slides you almost have to crawl down.  How is that fun? I'd rather fly down a lava hot slide than crawl down a fiberglass shock tube. Sooner or later someone is going to sue the slide makers because of static electrocution to some poor toddler trying to inch his way down the spiral.  Also, where are the teeter-totters, or see-saws as we called them?  I haven't seen one in a while.  Some kid probably smashed his foot or got a splinter in his butt and instead of telling him to be careful, they yanked the whole apparatus.   Oh well.  I guess I'll have to make my own playground for the kids.

    Happy Tax Day!!.... I hope. :) 










    Labels: ,

    2 Comments:

    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Was QUITE amused by your thoughts on playground equipment...totally agree about the slides! They aren't even worth the climb up the ladder these days. Great pics of Alana.

    -shelley

    12:22 AM  
    Blogger Bontrager Family Singers said...

    I, too enjoyed your thoughts on playgrounds....It was quite funny!!
    Allison Bontrager

    4:44 PM  

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home