Name:
Location: Kalona, Iowa, United States

Husband and Wife wedding and lifestyle photographers based in Iowa.

    follow me on Twitter

    25 March 2008

    Locks, Doors, and the Portuguese Man O' War

    Hey ya'll.  It's good to be home again!  I love traveling, Jodi sort of does, but it's always wonderful to come back to the kids and back to normal life. As for our photos, we did all our editing in the evenings but we still came home with 900 images! It was fun to step outside of our wedding/portrait routine and look for new textures and moments that we don't normally photograph. I did a lot of thinking and musing about life and poverty and injustice while I was in Haiti, and if you're interested I guess I could share my thoughts on here.  I'll be updating with more photos the next couple of days, so you might get tired of our trip pictures.

    Here's some details of Haiti that I came across as we traveled.  They have some of the most amazing textures, that's for sure.



























    Here's the main highway running through Pas Bwa Dom where we lived. I'm not sure why we think we need SUV's in the US.


    The infamous Man O' War.

    Labels: ,

    3 Comments:

    Blogger Conveniently located in said...

    Awesome pics--I can't wait to see more . . . those doorways look like they would make great backdrops for portraits.

    2:33 PM  
    Blogger Conveniently located in said...

    Awesome pics--I can't wait to see more . . . those doorways look like they would make great backdrops for portraits.

    2:33 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Don't stop with this wonderful collection! Thanks for sharing...Dorothy

    2:48 PM  

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home