Name:
Location: Kalona, Iowa, United States

Husband and Wife wedding and lifestyle photographers based in Iowa.

    follow me on Twitter

    14 March 2008

    Haiti: Here we come


    It's almost time to start packing the bags (we always wait till the last minute to pack... too much going on before we leave for a trip) and I figured I'd leave you for the week with some information on Haiti that I rounded up this morning according to 2005 compared to the US.  Some interesting stuff...

    a)  Gross National Income per capita:  $450  (US: $43740)
    b)  Life expectancy at birth:  52 yrs  (US:  78yrs)
    c)  Percent of population using adequate sanitation facilities:  30% (US:  100%)
    d) Orphans age 0-17:  490,000  (US:  n/a)
    e)  Skilled attendant present during childbirth:  24%     (US: 99%)
    f)  Percent of population below $1 per day:  54%  (US:  n/a)
    g) % of Photographers en route to take pictures...  what?!

    •••

    In other news, last night, I hit a 3 pointer with 5 seconds left to advance our 3rd seed church basketball team to the second round of the tournament. We were down by one, and I was looking to pass inside for the high percentage jumper, but the ball came back to me for an open 3, and I took it.  It was ugly, but it went in. Later that night, we beat the #2 seed to advance to the semi-finals.  Now I will miss the game tonight and the championship on Monday, so.. GO TEAM!! Eh, it's not as big of a deal as it sounds, trust me. :)

    Labels: ,

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home