Name:
Location: Kalona, Iowa, United States

Husband and Wife wedding and lifestyle photographers based in Iowa.

    follow me on Twitter

    15 January 2009

    Snapshots of a Vacation

    I am sore.

    I have not done any sort of really strenuous exercise since probably October, and yesterday I went skiing. I love skiing, and it's one of the activities my family did together every year when I was growing up. We would leave PA and drive north to Vermont, where skiing is king. Skiing is obviously a seasonal sport, so the folks in Vermont had to come up with another business during the summer. So you would see hilarious signs on home businesses like "Jan's Snowmobile Tours and Hair Care", or "Nelson's Lawn Care and Ski Sharpening". Funny stuff.

    Anyway, we stayed in PA to ski yesterday. It was about 15˚, which is warm if you're in the midwest right now, but the conditions were perfect. I'm mostly sore, because I was skiing over a rail in the snowboard park and fell off. So, get ready Chiropractor. Dr. Wilbanks, we'll see you soon! :)

    Here's a couple of snapshots of the last couple weeks here at my parent's....


    The Gehman Family Rock Band w/ my 2 brothers and my dad.


    Jackson paying attention to the intricate details of his gingerbread house...


    Our 10 week old, Stella and her wild hair...

    A few from skiing...

    Dad took this shot of me carving up some moguls..



    Someone please explain this sign to me. I guess you would have to be an expert to SKI UPHILL!!!


    My brothers on the way home...
    My beautiful wife sporting her brand new hair cut! Come on now, leave some comments to tell her how hot she looks!


    13 Comments:

    Blogger Living Out Loud said...

    Oh yea! Very hot=D I love it. Looks like you guys had a wonderful time! I love the picture of the ginger bread house! It is so cute! Mikaela .Y.

    1:39 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I always enjoy your blog, but it is especially fun to see this one because I know the people.

    Jodi is beautiful - no matter how her hair is styled. :)

    6:07 PM  
    Blogger Jenn said...

    Jodi is always beautiful, but this cut looks awesome on her. Please be sure to tell her that. :)

    8:19 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Hey Jodi... you're the best thing that's happened to me. I'll take one of everything. ;) You look amazing! Love you... Rodney

    8:47 AM  
    Blogger Ang said...

    Jodi, you look adorable!

    10:04 AM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Hot hair Jodi!! You look great:)!!! Nikki

    10:48 AM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    You do look great Jodi! Mandi

    11:39 AM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    cheers for posting pics from life...

    and jodi -- you always look amazing! :)
    nicoe

    2:14 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Rodney.....Rodney......RODNEY! The sign said "Snowboard Park" not ski park silly. Skiing on snowboard rails?!!! Oh my goodness Rodney. I ski Colorado every year and I know the parks and the rails. I'm sure east coast parks and rails are designed the same as Colorado. You are too daring.

    BTW Jodi I love your hair.

    Lots of Love.

    Linda

    4:47 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Stella looks like she is really growing alot! And Jodi totally rocks the haircut!

    5:08 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Hey I do luv the hair! I know you've had some crazy cuts in the past but this one is great and hopefully it's one you agreed to before hand. :) - carmen b

    8:41 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Great hair. Love it! And great pictures too, it's always fun to see pictures of your traveling experiences.

    -shelley

    11:12 AM  
    Blogger tiff said...

    THAT IS ONE HOT MAMA!

    tiff

    1:28 PM  

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home