Name:
Location: Kalona, Iowa, United States

Husband and Wife wedding and lifestyle photographers based in Iowa.

    follow me on Twitter

    25 January 2010

    A Case of the Monday's :: Part 5

    Well, it's been a little while since I dropped "A Case of the Monday's" on you, so here we go again.


    1. Well, I'm not much of a Conan O'Brien fan (or Jay Leno for that matter), but his closing remarks... especially those about cynicism... were pretty classy and right on.
    Looks like they might be pulling some of these videos so you may have to search for it if this one doesn't work.



    2. It's the Colts and the Saints in the Super Bowl. Peyton Manning is very close to the best quarterback I have ever watched in the past 20 years I've been following football closely. It would have been fun to watch him and Favre battle it out, but the Saints are on fire right now.

    3. In all my life, I have never been wrecked by a tragedy like the one in Haiti. I have been following the stories closely for the past week, almost to a fault. I love hearing the stories of rescue and of miraculous survivals, but I've also had my heart ripped from my chest hearing stories of kids who suffered. I was planning to go to Haiti in February with Water For Life, the same missions group we went with 2 years ago. Then the earthquake happened, and now our plans seem up in the air until commercial flights are allowed back into Port Au Prince.

    4. I'm finding myself more and more drawn to politics than I used to be. There's so much going on in the world, that to be totally disconnected doesn't seem right. A good website to get information from is the Drudge Report. The only problem with following politics is that its depressing if you let it be.

    5. I may have told you back in December that I'm assistant coaching basketball at a small Christian school in Kalona. Our varsity team is 11-3, and JV is 4-2 or so. It's been fun, because in almost every game, something hilarious happens and I just laugh on the bench for half the game.

    6. It's been raining almost every day this week. Now it's trying to snow. I'm ready for some sunshine and green grass.

    7. The last two weeks, I've been working on wedding albums trying to get caught up. So far, not too bad. I'm keeping pace, but I know there are a lot to get to. So, if you're waiting on your album out there, I'm going as fast as I can. :)

    8. Also this past week, I finished reading Malcolm Gladwell's book, "The Tipping Point". It's an interesting read on how little things make a big difference. While it's not the kind of book that leaves you with 5 practical points to help your business, it does help you see things in life where the pendulum begins to swing and you recognize things are going to change.

    9. American Idol is back. I mean no disrespect, but I like the show better without Paula Abdul. She's a nice person, but that's why she wasn't a good judge. You have to be able to be harsh, and I don't think she could do that.

    10. I'm hooked on Twitter these days. Follow Gehman Photography at www.twitter.com/gehmanphoto if you're into that sort of thing.

    Labels: , , , , , , , ,

    2 Comments:

    Blogger Nicole 妮可 said...

    you guys are a scream.

    that's all i'm gonna say.

    12:46 PM  
    Anonymous janene said...

    hear you on the Haiti thing. I might be obsessed!

    props to drudge report!

    10:12 PM  

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home