Name:
Location: Kalona, Iowa, United States

Husband and Wife wedding and lifestyle photographers based in Iowa.

    follow me on Twitter

    22 March 2010

    A Case of the Monday's :: Part 7

    Hey good people! Sorry I missed a week there, I'm back with a vengeance now. Who's up for another installment of Case of the Mondays?!

    1. I saw this product, Vibram Five Fingers, mentioned on a friend's Facebook page the other day. What do you think: gross? or clever?

    2. We've had Spring Fever around our house the last week or two, as I would assume many of you have also had. The trees are starting to bud, and the yard gets a little greener every day. But, with Springtime comes the runny noses and we've had our share of it. Seems to get only one of us at a time, which means that for a solid month, one of us is blowing our nose every few minutes.

    3. Update on my reading list: Well, I started off with a bang, and it sort of slowed down a little. I finally finished the "E-myth" a few nights ago, and now I'm into a book by Seth Godin, called "Tribes" that my pastor gave me yesterday.

    4. Photo of the Day. I'm starting a new personal project tomorrow, called Photo of the Day. I will be pushing myself to take one photo every day, for two weeks, only with my iPhone. I'll put them on the blog here so keep checking in.

    5. Broccoli has to be one of the worst smelling foods of all time.

    6. Jodi's aunt/uncle and cousin live in Haiti providing clean water wells for villages, and were blessed to survive the earthquake two months ago. They spoke at a local church last night about their experiences and the vast array of needs that still abound. Their goal when they return this week is to drill wells in the tent cities that have sprung up all over Port Au Prince, to provide much needed fresh water for the people living there, and to help people who lost their businesses rebuild, and get back on their feet again. If you'd like to help, please contact their organization Water For Life.

    7. Health Care Reform. That's all the further I can talk about that subject without getting angry. I probably shouldn't have even mentioned it. Speaking of Haiti, lets send them our government so we can get a new one.

    8. Seriously.

    9. My top 5 favorite TV shows, since you were wondering. Jodi and I do not have TV (unless we carry the business TV downstairs), so we watch our favorite shows on Hulu.com the day after.

    1. "The Office" - This one is tough to beat, although the last 2 episodes since the birth of Jim and Pam's baby haven't been quite as good.

    2. "Shark Tank" - I'm intrigued by everything business these days, and this show is inspiring. I initially wondered why these billionaires aren't giving $10,000 to someone with a dream! What is it to them... a dollar to normal people? I'd give someone a dollar if it gave them a chance to realize a dream. But the thing is, these guys didn't get to be billionaires by tossing away chunks of money, even if it's small chunks. They are smart. That is why they are rich. I don't really care about the inventions, I just like to hear the questions the investors ask.

    3. "LOST" - Someone tell me what the sam hill is going on here. This show has been one of my favorites for the past couple of years, but now everyone on the show is annoying in their own special way. Just get it over with already.

    4. "Undercover Boss" - Again, another cool business show, but it's "feel-good" in every way. Almost makes me cry every time, kinda like Extreme Home Makeover.

    5. "The Marriage Ref" - Some married couples have issues that just need to be resolved on national television by people who will make fun of them.

    * Honorable Mention
    6. "Flashforward" - I'm not sure why it's suddenly cool to have the main characters whisper their lines, but apparently it is. Same with LOST. So I've been using this technique around the house just to help me be more dramatic. It hasn't been working very well. Also, the word "Flashforward" is used way too much in the show.

    ••••••

    There you go. Two lists for the price of one. See you tomorrow with the Photo of the Day!

    2 Comments:

    Blogger Megan said...

    We love watching the "Undercover Boss" too! It's such a neat thing that they're doing. And, as for those shoes, I'm guessing I would HATE wearing them as much as I would the socks that are just like them :)

    9:48 AM  
    Blogger Nicole 妮可 said...

    i'm exceedingly excited about the website... good stuff.

    and yes. those shoes are just embarrassing to look at. geez.

    9:00 AM  

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home