Name:
Location: Kalona, Iowa, United States

Husband and Wife wedding and lifestyle photographers based in Iowa.

    follow me on Twitter

    19 July 2007

    Tanner and Katie

    Yes, we do photograph families. We don't really advertise for it, but occasionally we get the honor. The Adams were a fun family to work with... very open to suggestions, such as sitting on a pile of broken cement blocks! :)



    Here's Tanner and Katie, another eSession. It's really cool to see their commitment to each other, and they were fun to work with! Congratulations!








    Side Note
    I am experimenting with some new looks as you can tell. The beat up, "70's denim" type look is something I finally figured out, and I'm loving it! I select about 5-10 pictures from a session and give them this treatment. Time for a quick poll. Leave me a comment letting me know what you think about the vintage look! Thanks

    I was reading another photographer the other day, and here's what he said:

    "the photography is a vehicle for expressing the connection, but it definitely isn't the source of the connection. if there is power, grace, beauty, truth in these images, it comes from the amazing people i work with."

    We've found that to be so true in our work as well, where it's not Jodi or I who creates great images...it's you the clients, and your relationships and the way you express them that makes a picture great, or just another snapshot. The greatest pleasure we get in our business is when we capture a moment or expression that speaks of the connection that two people have, whether it be a bride and groom, child and parent, or a couple in love. We're capturing "life" as it happens.

    Thanks for allowing us the opportunity, and trusting us to make it happen!


    It's always fun when we get to photograph some of our best friends Jared and Mandi, and they recently welcomed little Sophie into the world! Here's the announcment:

    Front


    Back



    And we mentioned AJ and Jewel a few posts ago, well here's something that we do quite a bit of.... wedding announcements, and "save the date" cards. They are great fun, because we design them with your favorite pictures from the Engagement session, and use your wedding colors to make it flow great with your big day!

    Front


    Back

    Labels: ,

    4 Comments:

    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I'll be your first pollster here: I love the 70's look. I also quite like Sophie's birth announcement & the wedding invitation!!! Kristi

    6:48 AM  
    Blogger Althea said...

    Ryan and I both vote yes on your vintage look. And pretty much everything you touch! :-) Have fun in PA.

    8:03 PM  
    Blogger Fish Farms said...

    I LOVE the 70's denim look. And I LOVE the card designs. You guys do great work! I'm a blog-aholic, so your blog is one I love to check regularly.
    Rachel Fishback

    9:49 AM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I love the 70's look!!! I haven't seen it before and I definately like it!!!

    1:48 AM  

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home