Name:
Location: Kalona, Iowa, United States

Husband and Wife wedding and lifestyle photographers based in Iowa.

    follow me on Twitter

    06 July 2009

    Goodbye's Are Hard To Say

    One of the coolest things about being a wedding photographer is that we get to hang out with couples on the most exciting day of their lives, and see their faces filled with joy and delight.  We get to celebrate with them as they dance the night away in honor of their new commitment to each other, and to love. 

    But there is another side of life that is not so fun, and is much more complex, confusing, and usually leaves us reeling.  

    I had posted some time ago asking for prayer for Joe + Amanda, one of the couples that we've been working with for over a year.  They had postponed their wedding last June, due to Amanda's medical treatments and were so excited to finally be able to get married this past March, despite additional surgeries and complications.

    On Friday, July 3, at the age of 24, Amanda lost her courageous battle with cancer.  

    Please keep Joe in your prayers, as well as Joe + Amanda's families as they go through this difficult time.  Please also feel free to leave encouragement for Joe in the comment section of this post.

    Amanda... You will be missed.







    8 Comments:

    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    After my cousin's wedding of which you took the pictures, I began reading your blog. I love looking at your fabulous photos even if I have no idea who the people are in the picture. This blog however brought me to tears. What an absolutely beautiful young woman! I pray for her husband and family. May they find peace in their memories which are only enhanced by these amazing pictures of a beautiful life.

    10:22 AM  
    Blogger Katherine Bowman said...

    What a gift to have such wonderful photos of them together! To the family and husband, I am praying for you today that the Lord will comfort you and give you peace.

    9:08 AM  
    Blogger ribbit98 said...

    The love and commitment of this courageous couple touches lives across time & space! So beautiful!(I'm viewing these photos in Canada.)

    3:03 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Over a year now I have heard from you the story and love of Joe and Amanda. I remember the thoughts you shared before and after their wedding. I am deeply saddened with this newest blog post. My heart and my prayers are with Joe and Amanda's family. May the dear Lord be with you all in the days and years to come. May God continue to also bless Rodney and Jodi. Their gift of compassion and capturing the love amongst people is and has been an on going gift...directly from God.

    9:11 PM  
    Anonymous Danella said...

    I remember Joe & Amanda from the first time you mentioned them. This breaks my heart. Cancer is too close to me - having lost my dad from it. I feel for anyone who has lost a family member from cancer. I will keep them in my prayers. SOO glad you two were able to give them this wonderful gift of spectactular images.

    7:05 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    God's timing is sometimes hard to understand, but is always His perfect plan. May you be comforted knowing that she suffers no longer, and that someday you will be rejoined again. You will be in my prayers.

    9:42 AM  
    Anonymous Jackie said...

    Jodi & Rodney - your amazing photos of Amanda and Joe are priceless to their friends and family. Several were displayed where she could easily see them during her last days. You truly created a tangible record of their love and laughter. The pain is still very raw for Joe. But your photos do provide comfort that nothing else really can. Thank you, from the bottom of my heart for that. God Bless you.

    5:53 AM  
    Anonymous Donald P. Spellman said...

    Hello - I was Amanda's swim coach from age 11 to when she graduated high school and she baby sat my twin daughters for a long time when she was in college. Everyone in my house loved her and will miss her. Your photos and kind words really capture what a beautiful person she was and how much she and Joe meant to each other. Thank you for all of work and all the pictures you posted.

    9:08 PM  

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home