Name:
Location: Kalona, Iowa, United States

Husband and Wife wedding and lifestyle photographers based in Iowa.

    follow me on Twitter

    29 December 2007

    The Year in Review

    2007 was a breakout year for Gehman Photography.  The year was filled with highlights and lowlights, accomplishments and growing pains.  At the close of another year, we take a moment to look back and remember the good stuff, and learn from the not-so-good.  

    January:
    -- The GP blog receives its first comment.  There is much rejoicing!  There is someone reading the blog! 

    February:
    -- We won our very first First Place award at our Iowa Convention.  
    --Jodi and I hosted our first Photoshop Class, teaching the basics of retouching and enhancements.  We would seriously consider teaching another class if there is enough interest.  Email me if you are interested.  I would teach PS CS3 and the class would be open to non-local photographers only.

    March:
    -- We had the opportunity to travel to Ghana, Africa.  We want to go back someday... it will always be in our hearts and minds.  There are some memories and faces that are etched in our mind forever, and hopefully our lives are different because of them.




     
    April:
    -- We had the pleasure of going to Kansas for a wedding and staying at a friends ranch.   It's cool how each part of the country has it's own beauty, even though there are vast differences.
    --Our main computer hard drive crashes.  All our images are backed up, so nothing is lost!  One of the first of many opportunities to praise God in hardships this year.  It just goes to show that even the best computers are not perfect, and if you are a photog reading this.... there is nothing so urgent as to keep you from backing up your images. 

    May:
    -- Jodi gets stung in the eye by a bee or something during outdoor wedding pictures.

    June:
    -- In the weather category, Patrick and Erika take the prize for the hottest wedding of the year.
    --  GP launches it's brand new website!  Thank you BluDomain!
    July:
    --  I traveled to Denver, CO, with my church youth group for a week of working with the homeless.  Another event in my life that will not soon be forgotten.  I'll never forget Curt, who told me that he is homeless but he takes the money from his part-time job and buys food for other homeless people.  
    --  Both Jodi and I were honored to be in my brother's wedding in July.  We got to experience a photographer from the other side of the lens. :)  Actually, it was fun to be part of the wedding experience without having to work!
    --Jodi and I were driving separate to a wedding one Saturday, and on my way there, my car's engine decided to overheat.  Well, I was going past my friends automotive shop, so I swung by for some coolant.  He informed me that if I moved my car off the spot, I would not make it more than a few miles due to a serious leak.  He had a loaner car ready to go and I made the wedding on time. :) 

    August:
    -- High School Senior season started for GP, breaking ground for my favorite blog feature called "A Bit About Me" where seniors told you about themselves.  
    --Nicole becomes our nanny and Jodi and I begin our slow journey towards catching up.

    September:
    -- In an effort to play to our strengths, GP adds a Family and Children's photographer, Hannah, and a media manager, Brandon.
    -- Our main computer does not respond one morning.  We take it in for repairs and are informed that $15oo should cover what they thought was wrong.  After further review, they discovered that nothing, in fact, was wrong with the computer and it responded fine to every test they ran.  We leave the computer store with a bill for $60, thank the dear Lord.

    October:
    -- We traveled to Chicago for a wedding, and Jodi tries her first Starbucks.
    -- We discover that the Wii is a great form of exercise.

    November:
    -- We shoot our last wedding for the year bringing the total to 29.
    -- We book our first destination wedding for next year!  Mexico, here we come!
    -- GP answers all of your questions in "A Bit About Us".

    December:
    -- We enhance our business skills at the SuccessWare meetings in VA.
    --  I had a photograph place 4th in a contest with the ultra-famous Jesh de Rox.  Thank you all for voting!  Now you know which one was mine. :)  Sorry.. I wanted to be fair.


    -- Winter sets in.
    --  Jodi's brother is married!
    --  GP gives away an iPodtouch
    -- Jodi and I start our weight training routine.
    -- I figure out that to make a diamond like this "◊" you hold the shift+alt+v combination, and that to make the Apple logo , you hold shift+alt+k.

    Obviously, there is much more than we could ever put on this website that we experienced this year, like when our 3 yr old learned to ride a bike without training wheels, or when our dog mysteriously disappeared, or how I had geese and squirrels looking in my office window, or all of the special people that we were able to meet this year.  We look forward to making some changes in 2008, and seeing new cities, new countries, and new faces.

    God bless in the New Year!

    Labels: , ,

    2 Comments:

    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Yeah! I picked the right picture and voted for you! :) Kristi

    9:53 AM  
    Blogger Jesh de Rox said...

    congratulations on a blessed year! and many more to come : )

    much love,

    jesh ; )

    6:19 PM  

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home