Name:
Location: Kalona, Iowa, United States

Husband and Wife wedding and lifestyle photographers based in Iowa.

    follow me on Twitter

    15 April 2009

    Shelley + Randy :: Forever

    This wedding was very special to Jodi and I on a personal level, as well as a professional level, because Shelley + Randy have become very dear to us in the past year. Shelley started working for us as office manager last summer sometime, and it was great to get to know her better and become more involved in her life. During the course of work, she started to mention that she was seeing someone.... again. She had dated Randy before, and now their lives were coming back together!

    So, she packed up and moved to Oregon to be with Randy and get to know his family better, and after a few months, she came home engaged!

    We couldn't say enough nice things about these two... they were awesome to work with, and had a gorgeous day for the wedding. They were both so relaxed and fun.

    There were several underlying stories to their wedding day, from Shelley's little brother not liking the color of his tie... to Randy's best man, his brother, being sick the night before and leaving both the family pictures and the ceremony to go throw up... to a bridesmaid getting stung by a wasp during bridal party formals... to Shelley + Randy jumping in a crappy old boat which had no paddles. We planned to keep them close to shore, so it should have been okay, but when Shelley put up her parasol, it acted as a sail! But Randy grabbed a board in the boat that worked as a paddle to get them back to shore!... And, rushing from the reception to our location for twilight photos with the sweet '57 Chevy truck, the newlyweds passed a cop without their headlights on, and somehow didn't get pulled over... it was a full day!

    Anyway, without further ado, here is Shelley + Randy! Congratulations you two!! You have been a blessing to our family, and we are so happy for you! Thanks for letting us be a part of your lives! See you soon!














    Singing to Randy...

    Here are the some of the words of the song that Shelley wrote for Randy. 
    The original song is The Call by Regina Spektor on Chronicles of Narnina
    Shelley just changed the words... she sounded amazing

    Don't wake me up if I'm dreaming, never had such a beautiful day.
    Who would've thought I'd be standing here with the one who's swept me away.

    God held the pen that kept writing and writing, just when we'd lost our way,
    You found me, down a long road, no more goodbyes to say.

    Today  I will make you a promise, on my own I will fail every time,
    so I'll put my trust in our Father,  happy endings are His design.

    I don't care what the world has to tell you, Love's only found in Him.
    He walked down, down a long road, New life can now begin.
    He found us, down a long road, new life can now begin.  








    Labels: ,

    7 Comments:

    Blogger Nicole 妮可 said...

    I've been watching for these...

    amazing.

    9:33 AM  
    Anonymous Christy said...

    These are amazing!

    8:05 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Awesome, I think I'll recomend you guys.Ha
    Twila

    8:49 AM  
    Anonymous Danella said...

    These are beautiful! That song... had tears in my eyes. Beautifully written - wish I could have heard it!

    11:18 AM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Love love LOVE this post!! -Lindsay

    11:51 PM  
    Blogger Unknown said...

    I'm curious how you got the shot of them jumping in the air...you must have been lying on the ground! I love the parasol and Shelley's pose in that picture; it's sort of reminiscent of Mary Poppins. :D

    1:30 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I am so touched by the post, guys. I really can't thank you enough for adding so much to our special day! (And you're right Jodi, now that's it's behind me, I'm a little sad it's all over.:)

    Love you guys.
    -shelley

    11:57 AM  

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home