Name:
Location: Kalona, Iowa, United States

Husband and Wife wedding and lifestyle photographers based in Iowa.

    follow me on Twitter

    02 April 2009

    Waiting for Tomorrow...

    Today was not a good day.  Things did not go well.

    I distinctly remember the moment that I made the Gospel my own... the day I became labeled as a "Christian". I was 11 years old, and I could take you to the very spot today. I wish I could say that I've never looked back on my faith. I wish I could say that I've always done things the way they were supposed to be done, but that would be a stretch. But, I've learned that I don't like who I am without Jesus.  And, like all great love stories, the God that pursued me through the Cross never let up, and still doesn't to this day, and for that I am unbelievably grateful.

    What I need to get ahold of is that His story is so much bigger than mine.  It's a story of redemption and forgiveness and an all-powerful, perfect God becoming approachable to his imperfect creation.... me.  It's a story of rescue, and hope, and a rescue yet to come.  And it comes with the promise that every new day is full of new grace and new mercy.  

    And I'm looking forward to it.



    Labels: ,

    2 Comments:

    Anonymous Char said...

    Beautiful! Perfect in every way!

    4:45 AM  
    Blogger Nicole 妮可 said...

    amen.

    9:01 AM  

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home