Name:
Location: Kalona, Iowa, United States

Husband and Wife wedding and lifestyle photographers based in Iowa.

    follow me on Twitter

    12 October 2007

    Chicago: Day One

    We arrived in Mundelein, IL (North Chicago) this afternoon at the Crown Plaza Hotel where Molly and Daren had this sweet little gift basket just for us!


    Talk about making a person feel appreciated!

    Then we decided to head over to the church, scout the area, and get something to eat. Jodi got me on the way out to the car....


    We arrived at the church tonight just in time to catch this stunning view.


    After going shopping for some clothes on the way back to the hotel, we were "Eatin' Good in the Neighborhood". (Applebee's). Speaking of clothing...I don't know too many other people like us, who absolutely HATE shopping for clothes, no matter how badly we need them. There's something about swimming through aisles and aisles of stuff you either don't like, or can't afford, and by the time you actually find what you want at a price you want.... you're ready to be home asleep.

    The last stop was Starbucks. I'm a junkie, and Jodi actually despises most hot drinks, so this was a first for her! I'm a Caramel Macchiato fan, and she tried the Apple Cinnamon something-or-other.



    Catch you tomorrow! (maybe)

    Labels: ,

    5 Comments:

    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Hey guys! You don't know me, but I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your site!! I'm addicted to it!! Seriously, daily! I'm a U of Iowa alum and relocated to MN. I love you pics due to the location of many of them in Iowa City and at the U. They bring back lots of memories for me!! I'm an avid photography lover too, hence another reason why I'm addicted to your site. Maybe some day I'll have to make the jaunt and have you photograph my 3 kids?!?! Amy Doerring in Newton gets a lot of my business. Love her too! She said she knows you! Anyhow, just wanted to let you know that I'm a lurker that LOVES your blog. Your pictures are AMAZING!! I love all the uniqueness to them! You are the best I've ever seen! Just wanted to introduce myself. Can't wait for the next day to come to see what you'll post on here next!! Keep up the super great work! Take Care! Carri Baarts

    10:22 AM  
    Blogger Emily said...

    A) That picture of Jodi is so hot! I never see pictures of her because she's always behind the lense!

    B) I know that you will be absolutely shocked to hear this, Rodney, but I absolutely agree with you about shopping! I hate shopping. I can shop for an hour tops before I start getting really, really grouchy. Lindsay and I used to go shopping together at the mall and we always got so mad at each other about halfway through so we finally discovered the secret: start at Target, buy a large pack of double-stuf Oreos to share, each buy a magazine and start shopping. Once we got to the middle of the mall, we stopped, sat on the couches, and had a "quiet time" with our Oreos and magazines. :) It sounds so childish, but it was what we needed to avoid a friendship disaster. Shopping just plain irritates me, ESPECIALLY trying on clothes.

    C) Hope the wedding is going great today! It's perfect fall weather...at least it is in Ohio.

    12:38 PM  
    Blogger Nicole 妮可 said...

    Wow, I am very impressed to hear from you while on the road! :) You are all over it!
    Can't wait to see your new outfits... I'm sure you are both stunning... but can it be any more than Jodi??? Girl, you are so... uhmmmmm. (That last part should be read with all the emotion and umph that I would say it in person! *smile*)
    Can't wait to see the wedding! Drive safe... Mu-cole

    2:02 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    When I saw the the picture of Jodi I thought, "since when has she started drinking Starbucks??!" Then I read what you wrote. :) I like the picture very, very much!

    10:20 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    hot drink...hot ladie...what what? ;) love it!

    p.s. ok, so it's probably a good thing, but i am becoming a gp blog addict. takes a lot of my time though! haha!

    9:49 PM  

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home